Backyard interlock patios are a great way of utilizing your outdoor living space. The versatility of interlock gives you infinite design and style options allowing us design to build you a patio that truly matches your taste and style. We can incorporate retaining walls, sitting walls, firepits, and outdoor kitchens into your patio ensuring the design elements of each feature flow together.
Benefits of Installing Interlock Pavers
Increases property value and the curb appeal of your home
Durable surface that will last for decades
Can be constructed to be permeable and assist with stormwater management (permeable paving)
Creates an excellent environment for pets and kids to play on
Endless design and color possibilities
How are Interlock Pavers Installed in Ontario?
1. Demolition existing surface and excavate 6”- 18” from grade (Soil conditions will determine require dept). Haul materials for recycling.
2. Compact Native Soil . Add lime or portland cement if there are signs of cohesive soil.
3. Install Geo-Textile
4. Install 3/4 Crushed Stone (Dense Grade) or Clear Stone (Open Grade) depending on the site's drainage need. 4”- 6” for Pedestrian areas or 8”- 12” for vehicular areas
5. Ensure a slope of 1% to 2%
6. Compact Base Rock to 98% Standard Proctor Density
7. Install 1” of high-Performance Bedding (1/4 Clear Stone).
8. Align pavers using a string line. Lay pavers outward maintaining a consistent joint between each paver.
9. Install Polymeric Joint Sand if installed on dense grade. Install Romex for open grade installation.
10. Use a Plate compactor to compact the sand or Romex down into the paver joints.
11. Apply a water mist onto pavers