Artificial turf is a great maintenance-free alternative to real sod.
How is Flagstone Installed
Benefits of Installing Artificial Turf
Increases property value and the curb appeal of your home
Durable surface that has a 10-15 year manufacturer warranty
Can be constructed to be permeable and assist with stormwater management (permeable paving)
Creates an excellent environment for pets and kids to play on
How is Artificial Turf installed?
1. Demolition existing surface and excavate 4”- 12” from grade (Soil conditions will determine required dept). Haul materials for recycling.
2. Compact Native Soil. Add lime or portland cement if there are signs of cohesive soil.
3. Install Geo-Textile
4. Install 3/4 Crushed Stone (Dense Grade) or Clear Stone (Open Grade) depending on the site's drainage need. 4”-8” for residential applications or 6”-12” for commercial applications
5. Ensure a slope of 1% to 2%
6. Compact Base Rock to 98% Standard Proctor Density
7. Unroll artificial turf and let it sit for at least one hour
8. Lay artificial turf and cut it to match desired dimensions
9. Install nails on four corners of the turf
10. Roll the turf
11. Install nails on the perimeter of the turf
12. Install silica sand on top of the turf